Who is AfricaWeather?
AfricaWeather offers unique turnkey weather solutions across various industries. We currently provide weather feeds for many top media publishers and websites for various towns in South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique. In South Africa, all our forecast data is sourced from the South African Weather Service while in Africa we use the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts.
What weather feeds do we offer?
Our basic weather feed includes a daily forecast with an overall condition such as 'sunny' or 'cloudy' as well as a seven-day outlook for the next seven days. Our forecasts include rainfall, wind speed and direction, temperature and humidity. We also include weather forecasts for four time zones as these are aligned with the way in which people experience the weather.
What format are the weather feeds?
We offer weather data feeds of various sizes and shapes in the form of images and XML feeds. This provides you with numerous options for your website depending on your requirement with a balance to costs. Click here download a sample of the data feed XML file as well as the XSD layout for that file. These files are pushed by us using FTP to your web server every hour and will provide you with the most accurate 7-day forecast available.
In addition we can provide you with a set of images to be used on your website. This works well if you want a more graphic look and feel. Below you will see an overview map of South Africa, this is a similar image to what people see on the SABC‚ weather broadcasts as well as some temperature, and rain and wind images.
How much does it cost?
Experience has shown us that websites fall into a number of categories with their associated cost however you are able to get a quote for any number of towns:
- 7-day forecasts for one city in the country at R100.32 per month
- 7-day forecasts for the top 5 cities in the country at R499 per month
- 7-day forecasts for the top 10 cities in the country at R951 per month
- 7-day forecasts for the top 20 cities in the country at R1 785.70 per month
- 7-day forecasts for the top 100 cities in the country at R 3 796.83 per month
- 7-day forecasts for the all cities forecast in the country at R4 815.90 per month
- Overview image for the national view (combined with some 7-day forecasts) at R699.50 per month
- Basic 4-set (min, max, rain and wind) for the national view (combined with some 7-day forecasts) at R2 848 per month
- Overview image for the national and provincial views at R1 351.68 per month
- Basic 4-set (min, max, rain and wind) for the national and provincial views at R5 408.83 per month